Apply for LIPPI
We invite you to join the only program in the state that inspires women's interest in policy and public service, enhances their confidence, and expects them to become our area's next powerful and effective civic leaders.
The Women's Fund's LIPPI is a non-partisan initiative designed to address the need to provide women in our region with the training and support to become powerful and effective civic leaders. Now in its seventh year, LIPPI focuses on areas such as public speaking, effective negotiation, conflict management, board participation, the legislative process and policy-making, community organizing, fundraising and campaigning, municipal and nonprofit budgets, and running for office. LIPPI provides women with the tools, mentors, and confidence they need to become our region's community leaders and elected officials.
Please email all application materials to EMoorhouse@womensfund.net by 5 p.m., Friday, June 17th 2016.
Program Structure & Time Commitment
The formal LIPPI program consists of 11 one day sessions over 8 months culminating in a graduation celebration. Unless indicated, all sessions are held on Saturday from 9:30 AM-4:30 PM at TBA location. Each session includes a guest speaker and an intensive training on topics essential to leadership development for public service and policy advocacy. Childcare reimbursements are also available upon request.
Benefits to you, your employer, and your community:
Research demonstrates that promoting women to leadership positions is beneficial to an employer's bottom line by increasing retention, collaboration, and alternative perspectives that drive innovation. However, across all professional sectors, women only account for 18% of top leadership positions.
LIPPI graduates lead change by:
- Improving profitability and organizational governance
- Promoting inclusive workplaces cultures, policies, and programs
- Developing political literacy, negotiation skills, and community organizing proficiency
- Acquiring knowledge and information about Massachusetts' legislative, non-profit, and business sectors
- Overcoming perceived barriers and increasing confidence through active civic and corporate leadership
- Developing cohort relationships among each of the four western counties and beyond
- Improving the lives of their neighbors and communities
- Increasing the number of women in Massachusetts running for public office at all levels
How to join LIPPI
To find our more about LIPPI please contact:
Ellen T. Moorhouse